Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Unusually good!

Paul was many times put through the limits of danger and trouble.
It was not for a dramatic effect that Paul penned down these words when he wrote the letter to the Corinthians “in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often.
From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minusone.
Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep;
In journeys often, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
In weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness…. “ 2 Cor 11:23-27 All this mean much more than words could ever show!

In chapter 27 of The Acts of the Apostles, Paul is shipwrecked and havoc is all around him. Yet he is the one who encourages his fellowmen, most of whom are unbelievers.
There are many instances in which Paul is encouraged by an angel of God and at times by our Lord Jesus Christ Himself (Acts23:11)
This is the life of a true believer. In times of terrible situations God will strengthen and encourage us and His presence will be much more evident in our lives.
Even if we are totally shipwrecked, we will find true solace in an Island like how Paul found comfort in the Island of Malta. The people showed unususal kindness! (Acts 28:2)
That is how things would finally turn out in the end- Unusually good!


No comments:

Post a Comment